Click here to download ordinance.
- The City of Acworth provides each household with a 95-gallon garbage container that displays the City of Acworth decal and serial number. Additional carts may be ordered with an additional deposit and monthly fee of $10.75.
- All household garbage must be placed in plastic garbage bags before placing them inside of the City of Acworth container. Containers should be placed curbside no later than 6:30 AM on the scheduled day of pickup.
- Household refuse not placed in the provided City container will not be collected by the City sanitation crews. All refuse is to be bagged and tied before being placed into the refuse container. Bags placed next to or stacked on top of a container will not be picked up.
- The City recognizes that certain holidays cause more waste to be produced in households. For the benefit of our residents, the City will provide additional pickup services on the next scheduled pickup after each of these holidays: New Year’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas. On this pickup, residents may also place the following next to their Sanitation bin: Up to six (6) additional 13-gallon plastic bags, OR 2 additional 55-gallon bags. On the regularly scheduled sanitation service day after Christmas, the City will allow additional boxes (broken down) and smaller items to be placed next to the curb for pickup.
- The dimensions for each pick-up shall be no greater than 4'X6'x4' or equivalent dimensions, or no more than five (5) reusable bins measuring 35 gallons, or less than ten 30 gallon paper lawn & leaf yard waste bags.
- Yard waste must be placed by the curb no later than 6:30 A.M. on the scheduled day of pickup.
- All yard clippings and leaves must be bagged in either paper or plastic bags and must not exceed 50 pounds in weight.
- Bundles of brush and limbs must be tied and shall not exceed 4 feet in length, 4 inches in diameter per limb or 50 pounds in weight.
- Small, loose items are to be bagged and must not exceed 50 pounds in weight.
- Customer owned containers having a maximum capacity of 50 gallons may be used for light brush provided that the combined weight of container and contents does not exceed 50 pounds.
- Cardboard boxes shall be cut down to lay flat, tied, and not to exceed 3 ft x 3 ft and stacked neatly curbside.
- Sections of lumber must not exceed 4 feet in length or 4 inches in diameter and be neatly placed curbside, stacked not to exceed 50 pounds each stack.
- Household remodeling items (drywall or paneling) shall be broken into sections no greater than 4 feet in length and neatly placed curbside in stacks that do not exceed 50 pounds.
- Doors, windows, sheets of glass (not broken or having jagged edges), and similar type materials no larger than 3 ft x 3 ft placed curbside in stacks not to exceed 50 pounds.
- Screws and nails in lumber must be removed or flatten for safe handling.
- The City does not collect dirt, mulch, rocks, bricks, cinder blocks, concrete, batteries, tires, oil, paint, etc.
- The City does not collect construction debris or other type of debris such as yard waste left by contractors.
Large items means any items that cannot fit wholly inside of the provided 95 gallon container, examples include but are not limited to: mattresses of any size, washing machines, dryers, automatic dishwashers, refrigerators, couches, sofas, love seats, desks, tables, or partial portions of these and any other items for disposal with weights in excess of 50 pounds, or piles of solid waste items deposited at curbside by rental customers of residential dwellings upon moving out or eviction.
The City will collect large/bulky items such as appliances, tables, couches, chairs, etc. generated from single-family dwelling units, for a large item fee of $25.00 per item provided the resident contacts Acworth Utilities at 770-917-8903 to make arrangements. Pickups are normally scheduled weekly on Thursdays.