Liberty Hill Cemetery is located at 4900 Cemetery Road, off North Main Street just minutes from the downtown business district. The cemetery is owned and operated by the City of Acworth under the supervision of the City Clerk. The Liberty Hill Cemetery was established in the late 1800's with the earliest grave dating as far back as 1847.
The Liberty Hill Cemetery is one of the oldest sources in which the City of Acworth has held on to its history. In the year of 1840, the Liberty Hill Baptist Church, now known as "Acworth's First Baptist Church," was organized in a log building near the Liberty Hill Cemetery. After Sherman's army came through and destroyed the original church building, it was rebuilt on the same site in 1866 and later sold. The care of the Liberty Hill Cemetery was then given to the City of Acworth, and it remains an important part of the preservation of our city's history today.
Cemetery lots at Liberty Hill Cemetery may be purchased at City Hall through the City Clerk's Office. The cost is $1,000 per plot for city resident and $2,500 per plot for non-city residents. The Interment (burial permit) fee is $100. For further information or to purchase a lot, please contact the City Clerk at (678) 801-4024. Hours of visitation for the Liberty Hill Cemetery are sunup to sundown.